Bali travel vlog #1 – things to do in Seminyak
So this is my first ‘proper’ travel vlog! It features the first leg of my recent trip to Bali, which was Seminyak. For those who don’t know, Seminyak is on the coast of Bali. With its beaches and vibrant nightlife, it’s a haven for tourists, mostly from Australia and New Zealand.
We stayed in a private villa in Seminyak, which its own pool as well as kitchen and lounge area. The villa was a new experience for hubby and I, and I’ll share my pros and cons in a separate article.
My vlog shares the highlights of everything we did, and includes a whistle stop of the things to do on the island. Here’s a lowdown…
Things to do in Seminyak, Bali:
- Go to Potato Head Beach Club – Like a scene from the TV show Entourage, Potato Head is perfect place for party-goers and chillers alike. The beach has been commercialized to within an inch of its life. You have to meander through shops, restaurants and mini pools before you get to the beach. Totally worth a visit though.
- Visit the Bali Safari and Marine Park – OK, so before going to Bali, my initial choice was to go on an African safari. That didn’t happen. So I got a taster experience at the Bali Safari and Marine Park, which you can check out on my vlog.
- Take a trip to Uluwatu Temple – A must-see, the Uluwatu Temple is a huge tourist attraction, not just for the temple itself, but the views of the ocean from the summit.
- Watch the Kecak and fire dance – a symbolic dance featuring feats of fire stomping and an out of control money. Watch my vlog, and you’ll see what I mean.
- Visit the Luwak coffee plantation – see how the world most expensive coffee is made, courtesy of the Luwak cats, who poop out the coffee to give it that extra rich taste. No joke.
- Try the local cuisine – We had Nasi Goreng for breakfast, and an unusual black bun burger, which is big in Japan, apparently. Prepare for green poops with the latter though!
An honest vlog
I also share my honest views on Bali’s many excursions. You have to go around by a private cab, and there aren’t any group excursions. This is great news for honeymooners, not so much for people travelling alone. Find out more in my vlog. It’s a must watch if you’re planning a trip to Seminyak, or have been previously and just wanted to reminisce.
My next video will be my vlog on Ubud, so don’t miss it.
Have you visited Bali? Is there anything I missed out on? Leave a comment below and let me know.
About the Author
I’m a British-Bengali Muslim mum-of-two. My pictures aren’t filtered and neither are my words. I’m not a makeup artist, chef or lifestyle guru. I’m just me, sharing honest beauty reviews for brown skin, halal restaurant finds, travel inspo, mum life hacks, easy Bengali recipes and more. If that’s your bag, keep reading!