Daal pakoras recipe – deep fried lentils
Daal pakoras recipe
- Soak the lentils in lukewarm water for around 2 hours so they soften.
- Drain the lentils and whisk them in a blender until they’re slightly broken down, but still textured. The key here is not to end up with a complete mash, you want some lentils to still be intact.
- In a bowl, combine the lentils with all the other ingredients and mix together evenly.
- Deep fry the lentils in a pan. The best way to do this is to use a tablespoon to lower the mix into the oil to avoid burnt fingers. I tend to make the pakoras smaller than a tablespoon.
- Fry until golden, and serve hot with ketchup, yoghurt or any sauce of your choice.
About the Author
I’m not a makeup artist, chef, lifestyle guru or stylist. I’m just me. And like you, I’m trying to make the best of most things, only I’m sharing my warts-and-all thoughts along the way.