Daal pakoras recipe – deep fried lentils
Daal pakoras recipe
- Soak the lentils in lukewarm water for around 2 hours so they soften.
- Drain the lentils and whisk them in a blender until they’re slightly broken down, but still textured. The key here is not to end up with a complete mash, you want some lentils to still be intact.
- In a bowl, combine the lentils with all the other ingredients and mix together evenly.
- Deep fry the lentils in a pan. The best way to do this is to use a tablespoon to lower the mix into the oil to avoid burnt fingers. I tend to make the pakoras smaller than a tablespoon.
- Fry until golden, and serve hot with ketchup, yoghurt or any sauce of your choice.
About the Author
I’m a British-Bengali Muslim mum-of-two. My pictures aren’t filtered and neither are my words. I’m not a makeup artist, chef or lifestyle guru. I’m just me, sharing honest beauty reviews for brown skin, halal restaurant finds, travel inspo, mum life hacks, easy Bengali recipes and more. If that’s your bag, keep reading!