Easy baked basa fish recipe with vegetables
Easy baked basa fish recipe
Ingredients for baked fish for two:
One medium onion, cut into eight pieces
3-4 small potatoes chopped into 1 inch pieces
Some dried or fresh mixed herbs (parsley)
Pinch Cayenne pepper (optional)
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional extra veg
Whole cherry tomatoes
- Part boil the potatoes in a pan with a pinch of salt. I actually used very small jersey potatoes which didn’t need chopping. For larger potatoes cut in half, quarter or eighths.
- Meanwhile place the fish fillets in a baking dish. This can be a Pyrex or ceramic dish.
- Add the onions, part-boiled potatoes and any other veg. I uses leeks and peppers in my version.
- Drizzle the dish with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with herbs and cayenne pepper and season.
- Finally squeeze some lemon juice onto the fish.
- Bake in the over for 25-30 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the veg looks glazed.
I served with a side of spiced rice, but you can also serve with garden veg.
About the Author
I’m a British-Bengali Muslim mum-of-two. My pictures aren’t filtered and neither are my words. I’m not a makeup artist, chef or lifestyle guru. I’m just me, sharing honest beauty reviews for brown skin, halal restaurant finds, travel inspo, mum life hacks, easy Bengali recipes and more. If that’s your bag, keep reading!