Baingan bharta recipe – the perfect curried aubergine / eggplant
So onto the baingan bharta recipe…
- Add a teaspoon of five spice to a pan of shallow oil
- Slice 2 onions lengthways (you don’t want them too small as it reduces the body)
- Add into a pan with about 2tsp of oil cook till soften add warm water so the onions don’t brown or burn…
- Add zeera, ginger and garlic – cook
- Add masala – chilli powder, garam masala, ground coriander, salt to taste – I used between one and two teaspoons
- Add a bit of haldi and cook and add fresh chillis
- Once cooked add two tomatoes.
- Add a bit of warm water as you go along so it doesn’t burn…
- Once oil seperated add the aubergine and add water so it covers…and leave on slow heat.
- Add fresh coriander at the end for flavour.
About the Author
I’m a British-Bengali Muslim mum-of-two. My pictures aren’t filtered and neither are my words. I’m not a makeup artist, chef or lifestyle guru. I’m just me, sharing honest beauty reviews for brown skin, halal restaurant finds, travel inspo, mum life hacks, easy Bengali recipes and more. If that’s your bag, keep reading!